Rachel Andrew director at edgeofmyseat.com
Rachel Andrew is a web developer, writer, speaker and one half of edgeofmyseat.com - the company behind the CMS Perch. When not working on her own product, Rachel likes to help other people transition from consultancy and client services to profitable product businesses - without needing to seek investment or risk everything by “doing a startup”.
We’re not “Doing a Startup”.
How to cut through the hype and build your side project into a profitable business.
You would love to launch your own product business but you have a nice life, a family, a mortgage and don’t want to buy into putting it all on the line chasing some startup dream. This presentation is about the practical steps you need to take to get from here to launch. Including:
- which ideas are worth pursuing as a time-limited, cash-limited bootstrapper
- how to distinguish between advice applicable to the bootstrapped business, and that which should be consigned to the “have money to burn” brigade
- practical tips to stop procrastination and get a product to launch
- how to juggle full time or freelance work with your product
- how to build an audience and spread the word when you have no money to pay for customer acquisition